The Eagle Jet Top Gun Sprints made their first visit of 2014 to Bubba Raceway Park on Saturday March 8, 2014. There were 15 cars at the track to give fans three heat races and a 25 lap feature race.
Mark Ruel Jr. in the 83 car had the pole with Ken Laureno in the 36 on the outside for the start of the BROWN & MILLER heat race. Mark took the lead on the start and the win. The 7 of Kyle Pitts had the pole for the DMI heat race, with Shane Kreidler in the 52 car on the outside. On the start Kyle took the lead and then Danny Martin took lead and never looked back and took the win. Sport Allen in the 88 car had the pole with David Slawiak in the 79 for the start of the LUCAS OIL heat race. Sport took the lead and the heat win.
The 52 of Shane Kreidler had the pole for the start of the EAGLE JET feature race event, with the 02 of Gene Lasker alongside. After a parade lap, Shane that took the lead on lap 3 when Gene Lasker got around Shane then on lap 6 the caution came as Gene’s motor blows with smoke making it hard for him to see. On the restart Danny was out front and took the checkered flag, followed by Mark Ruel Jr. in the 83 car, Sport Allen in the 88 car, Shane Kreidler in the 52 car and Tony Agin in the 38 car rounding out the top 5.
The staff and racers of the Eagle Jet Top Gun Sprints would like to thank everyone for their support and hope to see you at Volusia Speedway Park for the March 29, 2014 race. Congratulations go out to Danny Martin for winning the KSE Hardcharger Award. Congratulations go out to Danny Martin for winning Jeff Barfield clean sweep of $400.
Brown & Miller Heat #1
1) 83 Mark Ruel Jr. (Jacksonville, FL)
2) 36 Ken Laureno (Port Charlotte, FL)
3) 02 Gene Lasker (Tampa, FL)
4) 34 Darren Orth (Jacksonville, FL)
5) G6 Brandon Grubaugh (Ocala, FL)
DMI Heat #2
1) 82 Danny Martin (Sarasota, FL)
2) 14 Tyler Clem (St. Petersburg, FL)
3) 52 Shane Kreidler (Jupiter, FL)
4) 7 Kyle Pitts (Mulberry, FL)
5) 2X Rex Howe (Jacksonville, FL)
Lucas Oil Heat #3
1) 88 Sport Allen (St. Petersburg, FL)
2) 99 Tanner Witherspoon (Jacksonville, FL)
3) 79 David Slawiak (Seffner, FL)
4) 38 Tony Agin (Ft. Myers, FL)
5) 8 Rich Alexander (Tampa, FL)
Eagle Jet Feature
1) 24 Danny Martin; 2) 83 Mark Ruel Jr.; 3) 88 Sport Allen; 4) 52 Shane Kreidler; 5) 38 Tony Agin; 6) 99 Tanner Witherspoon; 7) 79 David Slawiak; 8) 36 Ken Laureno; 9) G6 Brandon Grubaugh; 10) 34 Darren Orth; 11) 02 Gene Lasker; 12) 2X Rex Howe; 13) 8 Rich Alexander; 14) 14 Tyler Clem; 15) 7 Kyle Pitts; DNS